Consider the things that run down your drains regularly. While dishwashing, various grease and food particles are rinsed down the drain. When you shower, hair, soap, and filth make their way through your home’s plumbing system. If you do not frequently clean your shower and sink drains, the buildup can cause havoc in your home’s sewage lines and pipes. It is critical to schedule drain cleaning regularly to avoid future issues and damage to your home.
What Are The Benefits Of Regular Drain Maintenance?
- Improves your drain’s lifespan – Regular cleaning extends the life of your drains by minimizing the damage that accumulates over time.
- Eliminates unpleasant odors – Drain maintenance eliminates food particles and debris that have gathered in drains. When we clean your drains, foul odors can be removed as well.
- Improved drainage and fewer clogs – Drains can become clogged over time, which can result in serious problems. Cleaning your drains can remove clogs and result in faster draining!
- Prevents costly repairs – By scheduling regular drain maintenance, you may often discover minor concerns before they become major ones. Your plumber will be able to detect if you have aged or overflowing pipes or have pipe-damaging obstructions early on.
How Often Do You Need To Clean Your Drains?
Keeping your home’s drains clean is critical to regular home maintenance. We determine Drain cleaning frequency with several criteria, including the size of your household, how often you use your drains, and more.
While some small households could get away with cleaning on an “as needed” basis, larger homes may need help from a drain cleaning company for more frequent professional maintenance. Generally, we recommend annual maintenance.
How To Maintain Your Drains After A Professional Cleaning?
After a professional drain cleaning service, you must continue taking proactive maintenance activities to keep your drains working smoothly. You can do a few simple things to keep your drains clear on your own.
Ways to prevent clogs in drains:
- Take care while disposing of things down the sink, toilet, or shower drain
- Consider purchasing a drain grate or screen
- Every few weeks, inspect the drain stoppers in your sink for any hair, soap buildup, or other particles that have begun to accumulate
- Avoid flushing any over-the-counter chemical cleaners down the drain since they may clog your pipes
- Every week, flush your bathroom drains with hot water to remove any buildup
- Allow cold water to run while your garbage disposal is running
Following these preventative maintenance steps and investing in professional drain cleaning services can help avoid major problems. Allowing your drains to become clogged or even blocked can result in pipe damage, a drop in your water quality, and serious health issues.
Have Your Drains Cleaned Professionally
Reach out to Smith Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical if you’re seeking a dependable and high-quality plumbing company. We are well-known for our prompt and courteous service. No maintenance or repair project is too big or too small — we handle all plumbing work!
One of our clients recently left this review about our services:
We offer professional drain cleaning and other plumbing services in the following areas:
- Colorado Springs plumbing, AC, and electrical
- Castle Rock plumbing, AC, and electrical
- Fountain plumbing, AC, and electrical
- Monument plumbing, AC, and electrical
- Pueblo plumbing, AC, and electrical
And, if you’re not in Colorado and are looking for help with Tampa drain cleaning, then check out the services offered by our friends over at ACS Home Services!