Consider the things that run down your drains on a regular basis. While dishwashing, various grease, and food particles are rinsed down the drain. When you shower, hair, soap, and filth make their way through your home’s plumbing system. If you do not frequently clean your shower and sink drains, the buildup can cause havoc in your home’s sewage lines and pipes. It is critical to schedule drain cleaning regularly to avoid future issues and damage to your home.
What Are The Benefits Of Regular Drain Maintenance?
- Improves your drain’s lifespan – Regular cleaning actually extends the life of your drains by minimizing the damage that accumulates over time.
- Eliminates unpleasant odors – Drain maintenance eliminates food particles and debris that have gathered in drains. When drains are cleaned professionally, foul odors can be removed as well.
- Improved drainage and less clogs – Drains can become clogged over time, which can result in serious problems. Cleaning your drains can remove clogs and result in faster draining!
- Prevents costly repairs – By scheduling regular drain maintenance, you may often discover minor concerns before they become major ones. Your plumber will be able to detect if you have aged or overflowing pipes or have pipe-damaging obstructions early on.
How Often Do You Need To Clean Your Drains?
Keeping your home’s drains clean is a critical aspect of regular home maintenance. The frequency with which drains should be cleaned is determined by several criteria, including the size of your household, how often you use your drains, and more.
While some small households could get away with cleaning on an “as needed” basis, larger households may need help from a drain cleaning company for more frequent professional maintenance. Generally, annual maintenance is recommended.
How To Maintain Your Drains After A Professional Cleaning?
After a professional drain cleaning service, it’s essential to continue taking proactive maintenance activities to keep your drains working smoothly. There are a few simple things you can do to keep your drains clear on your own.
Ways to prevent clogs in drains:
- Take care while disposing of things down the sink, toilet, or shower drain
- Consider purchasing a drain grate or screen
- Every few weeks, inspect the drain stoppers in your sink for any hair, soap buildup, or other particles that have begun to accumulate
- Avoid flushing any over-the-counter chemical cleaners down the drain since they may clog your pipes
- Every week, flush your bathroom drains with hot water to remove any buildup
- Allow cold water to run while your garbage disposal is running
By following these preventative maintenance steps and investing in professional drain cleaning services on a regular basis, you can help avoid major problems. Allowing your drains to become clogged or even blocked can result in pipe damage, a drop in your water quality, and serious health issues.
Have Your Drains Cleaned Professionally
Reach out to Smith Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical if you’re seeking a dependable and high-quality plumbing company. We are well-known for our prompt and courteous service. No maintenance or repair project is too big or too small — we handle all types of plumbing work!
One of our clients recently left this review about our services: